1965 University Way
- Best opportunity to move right in or create your own masterpiece with this single level Mid-century modern style “Eichleresque” home in the prestigious Rose Garden Neighborhood of San Jose. This property has the distinctive Eichler entry atrium; an open-air, enclosed entrance foyer designed to integrate outdoor and indoor spaces. Enjoy the warm, sunny California climate while you are one with nature. Atrium has a grass area, covered painted concrete patio and a brick outdoor fireplace.
- Home is 1984+/-sf plus a detached studio, in-law unit. Four bedrooms, three full baths include three bedrooms and two baths in main house plus detached studio/in-law unit with additional one bedroom and one full bath. Spacious 8625+/-sf lot.
- Enter into the spacious foyer which is illuminated by a ceiling mount light and immediately notice the beautiful wood flooring throughout. Most of the floors were protected by carpet for approximately 70 years.
- Spacious living room has a wood-burning fireplace with retro brick surround. Tongue and groove decking for the ceiling follows the roofline with exposed post-and-beam construction plus multiple floor to ceiling windows assist in bringing the outside in.
- Dining room has hardwood flooring, retro light fixture and windows for natural light.
- Kitchen has glass block windows, plenty of wood cabinetry and vinyl flooring. Appliances include a new dishwasher, Whirlpool refrigerator and an electric range with self-cleaning oven. Informal dining area has a window for natural light and a door that provides access to the backyard.
- Sleeping quarters are situated on other side of the home and accessible via an exterior door.
- Master bedroom has beautiful hardwood flooring, a ceiling mount light fixture and a couple of windows for natural light. Pocket door opens to second bathroom or en suite with a separate built-in vanity, built-in closet as well as pink and burgundy vintage tile in the water closet with shower over tub.
- Two additional bedrooms with hardwood flooring; one has a closet with built-in shelves and the other has a wall of built-in closets with panels that drop down to become desk areas plus both have a door to access the outdoor space.
- Retro bath has grey tile floor, a long counter with grey hexagon tile and green trim tile, a vanity area plus a deep linen closet. Tub also has grey tile surround with matching green trim.
- Separate studio has a wood-burning fireplace with stone façade, carpet, wood paneling, recessed lights plus a kitchenette that includes tile floor, granite slab counter with tile backsplash, wood cabinetry, free-standing range with oven and a stainless sink. Two glass doors and windows provide natural light. Adjacent full bath has a vanity with sink plus a shower over the tub.
- Outside stairs lead to the basement which provides access to under the home, extra storage as well as a place to conceal the furnace and water heater.
- Two-car garage with automatic opener, utility sink, shelves, window and a high ceiling that provides for extra storage. Laundry area located in the garage, includes Whirlpool washer and dryer.
- Backyard has a sidewalk, new fence on one side, a grass area and foliage around the perimeter.
- Close to the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden, Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, restaurants, shops, schools, parks, library, Interstate 880 plus more.
- San Jose Union School District: Trace Elementary School, Hoover Middle School and Lincoln High School.